Position: Support Worker Regular Part Time
Hours of Work: 32 hours per week
Start Date: November 25, 2018
Salary grid and range: $20.83 – $21.80 an hour
Schedule: Rotating shifts (flexibility is necessary)
The team’s focus is to support four young men to achieve their personal goal of independent living. Your responsibility will be to provide positive learning strategies for the young men to develop skills that will strengthen their ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness. Additional duties associated with household operations, promoting a positive team approach, and having a full understanding of working with individuals with a dual diagnosis is required.
The successful candidates will:
- Possess a two year community college diploma in Developmental Services Worker or Child-Youth Worker field and/or a combination of education and 3 months of related experience. Knowledge and related experience in direct support for people with developmental disabilities. Have formal knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioral Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Exhibit resilience interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Positive work performance
- Ability to exercise creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communications and collaboration skills.
- Obtain a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle.
Please forward covering letter and resume by September 14, 2018:
Community Living Owen Sound and District or fax: 519-371-5168
769 4th Ave East, Owen Sound, Ont. N4K 2N5
C/o Manager: Quality Assurance and Resources
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.
All applicants are appreciated however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.