2-42hr Full Time Support Workers
As a member of this team, you will meet the needs of the three young ladies in obtaining an optimal level of care and well-being. Your role in the residential setting is to recognize the value that everyone contributes to our community and to making each day meaningful. The Support Worker will have the ability to provide life skills support at varying levels depending on the individual, encourage life -long learning; along with promoting positive self-worth is the everyday focus
Location: Port Elgin
Hours: 42 hours a week
Starting Hourly Wage: $21.28 an hour plus $3.00 wage enhancement
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma (Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or equivalent education) is preferred. Personal Support Worker certificate will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 months experience in the provision of direct supports for people with developmental disabilities. Work experience and knowledge of health care procedures and mechanical equipment.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2” driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Personal Support Plans in co-operation with support networks. Assist in monitoring achievement of personal outcomes.
- Confidence in providing supports with health and self-care; including lifting and carrying using appropriate lifting techniques, knowledge of mechanical aids and using good body mechanics. Comfort in providing personal care.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Welcoming liaising with family(s) to address needs and sharing of information on behalf of individual(s).
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Coordinator Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
769 4th Ave East
Owen Sound, Ont.
Only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.