The Support Worker’s role in the residential setting is to recognize the value that every individual contributes to our community and to making each day meaningful. The Support Worker will have the ability to provide life skills support at varying levels depending on the individuals’ needs, encourage life -long learning; along with promoting positive self-worth is the everyday focus.
Location: Port Elgin
Hours: 32 hours a week; with 4-week schedule rotation
Hourly Wage: $21.28 an hour + $3.00 temporary wage enhancement
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma (Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or equivalent education) is preferred.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a minimum of 3 months experience in a residential setting who has knowledge and experience in supporting persons with a dual diagnosis within the adult sector.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2”driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Welcoming liaising with family(s) to address needs and sharing of information on behalf of individual(s).
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Covid-19 Precautions: Please note that successful candidates must be able to provide proof of immunization against COVID-19 or medical exemption upon hire.
Interested candidates are asked to email their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com