A new team is being created to assist a transitional aged young man in a new 24 hour supported living environment located in Owen Sound. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for providing 1:1 or 2:1 direct care and complex and behaviour support needs to the young man. The Support Worker will support the development, implementation and evaluation of both Person-Centred Personal Support Plans and Behaviour Support Plans for the people supported in the residence. In addition, this position is responsible for promoting the personal safety, security, dignity and respect to all people and provide support, assistance and advocacy based on the needs and abilities of each person, in offering opportunities to live a quality life and participate in community life as equal and valued community members.
Positions: 40 hr Regular Full-Time Support Workers (4 positions available)
Location: Owen Sound
Hours: Ability and willingness to work varying/rotating shifts including days, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Starting Hourly Wage: $21.28 an hour + $3.00 an hour (Wage Enhancement)
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma (Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or equivalent education) is preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience supporting people with intellectual disabilities with complex needs and dual diagnoses.
- Experience working in a specialized support or active treatment environment an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2” driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Personal Support Plans in co-operation with support networks. Assist in monitoring achievement of personal outcomes.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Strong analytic and writing skills;
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with client management software (AIMS or Share Vision)
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
COVID-19 Precaution: Please note that successful candidates must provide proof of fully vaccinated status or medical exemption upon hire.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Coordinator by Monday, May 16th, 2022 to: email@example.com
Only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.