40 hr Regular Full Time Support Worker
The successful candidate will be motivated to contribute to the four men to live their best lives by providing meaningful activities and opportunities to fulfill their days.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to empower four men in their home and community to achieve personal success and encourage independence in skill development. The Support Worker will have the ability to provide life skills support at varying levels depending on the individuals’ needs, encourage life -long learning; along with promoting positive self-worth is the everyday focus.
Positions: Regular Full-Time Support Workers
Location: Owen Sound
Hours: 40 hours. Must have the ability and willingness to work varying/rotating shifts including days, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Hourly Wage: $21.28 an hour + $3.00 an hour (Wage Enhancement)
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities is preferred. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma (Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or equivalent education).
- We are open to consider all applicants experienced with complex needs and behaviour management.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2” driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Provide specialized behavioural supports based on the individualized needs of persons supported (i.e., mental, physical, spiritual, behavioural, emotional)
- Provide emotional stability in moments of crisis.
- Ability to approach highly sensitive issues with professionalism and tact and a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others are required.
- Strong communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Please submit cover letter and resume by Friday, January 20th, 2023 to:
Community Living Owen Sound and District
Only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.