As a Personal Care Worker, you will be responsible to support adults during the overnight hours contributing to a safe and healthy home environment. You will be responsible to provide positive learning strategies for them to develop skills that will strengthen their ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness.
Location: Owen Sound
Hours: 42.5 hours per week, 2 week shift rotation; overnight from 10 pm to 9 am on weekdays and 6 pm to 9 am on weekends (every other weekend).
Starting Hourly Wage: $20.50 an hour ($17.50 plus $3.00 wage enhancement)
- Requires knowledge that is usually acquired by achieving the equivalent of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma. Knowledge and related experience of at least three months providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities. Personal Support Worker certificate is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to provide medical or health services such as catheterization, and assisting with other activities involving self-care, lifting and transferring.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Maintain stamina and performance under pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Adapt to and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- A positive work performance.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle.
- Acquire a current criminal reference check will be required.
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Covid-19 Precautions: Please note that successful candidates must be able to provide proof of immunization against COVID-19 or medical exemption upon hire.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Coordinator by Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 to: email@example.com
Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.