As a Personal Care Worker, you will be responsible to support three young adults during the overnight hours contributing to a safe and healthy home environment. You will be responsible to provide positive learning strategies for them to develop skills that will strengthen their ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness.
Location: Port Elgin
Hours: 42 hours a week, 2 week shift rotation; overnight from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am and every other weekend
Starting Hourly Wage: $17.50 an hour + $3.00 temporary wage enhancement
- Requires knowledge that is usually acquired by achieving the equivalent of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma. Knowledge and related experience of at least three months providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities and mental health aspects.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within 30 days of hire.
- Confidence in providing supports with health and self-care; including lifting and carrying using appropriate lifting techniques, knowledge of mechanical aids and using good body mechanics. Comfortable in providing personal care to the people supported.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Maintain stamina and performance under pressure.
- Ability to exercise creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Adapt to and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- A positive work performance.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle.
- Acquire a current criminal reference check will be required.
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Covid-19 Precautions: Please note that successful candidates must be able to provide proof of immunization against COVID-19 or medical exemption upon hire.
Interested candidates are asked to email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org