As a Personal Care Worker, you will be responsible to support adults during the overnight hours contributing to a safe and healthy home environment. You will be responsible to provide positive learning strategies for the people to develop skills that will strengthen their ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness.
Location: Owen Sound
Hours: 42 hours per week, 2 week shift rotation; overnight from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am and every other weekend
Hourly Wage: $16.71 – $17.40
- Requires knowledge that is usually acquired by achieving the equivalent of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma. Knowledge and related experience of at least three months providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities and mental health aspects.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Maintain stamina and performance under pressure.
- Ability to exercise creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Adapt to and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- A positive work performance
- Obtain a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle.
- Acquire a current criminal reference check will be required.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification. Non Violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within 30 days of hire.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com