As a Personal Care Worker, you will be responsible to support adults during the overnight hours contributing to a safe and healthy home environment. You will be responsible to provide positive learning strategies for the people to develop skills that will strengthen their ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness.
Location: Owen Sound
Hours: 42 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $17.50 an hour
Schedule: 2 week rotation; overnight from 8 pm to 8 am and every other weekend
- Requires knowledge that is usually acquired by achieving the equivalent of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma. Knowledge and related experience of at least three months providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities and mental health aspects.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Maintain stamina and performance under pressure.
- Ability to exercise creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Adapt to and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- A positive work performance
- Obtain a valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle.
- Acquire a current criminal reference check will be required.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification. Non Violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within 30 days of hire.
- Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination(s) or medical exemption required upon hire for all new staff.
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Assistant by Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 to:
Human Resources Assistant
769 4th Ave East
Owen Sound, Ont.
Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.