JOB OPPORTUNITY (Port Elgin)
42 hr Regular Full Time Support Worker
The Support Worker’s role in the supported living setting is to recognize the value that every individual contributes to our community and to making each day meaningful. The Support Worker will have the ability to provide life skills support at varying levels depending on the individuals’ needs, encourage life -long learning; along with promoting positive self-worth is the everyday focus.
Positions: Regular Full-Time Support Workers
Location: Port Elgin
Hours: 42 hours. Must have the ability and willingness to work varying/rotating shifts including days, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Hourly Wage: $21.28 an hour + $3.00 an hour (Wage Enhancement)
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities is preferred. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma (Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or equivalent education).
- We are open to consider all applicants experienced with complex needs and behaviour management.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2” driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in providing personal care to the people supported.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources by Friday, January 20th, 2023 to:
Community Living Owen Sound and District
Only those candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.