Contract: January – July 2021
Locations: Owen Sound and Port Elgin
Hours: 20 hours per week – flexible schedule
Salary: $22.57 an hour
The successful applicant will maintain the physical integrity of the buildings through general maintenance and up-keep of the assigned properties. They will perform general maintenance and household repairs (inside and out) for all offices and homes including routine seasonal maintenance, drywall, minor electrical and plumbing (householder level only), painting, carpentry, landscaping etc. Additional hours may be available during peak periods and for special projects.
- Successful applicants will have at least 5 years related work experience in residential maintenance or related field.
- Ideally coupled with formal education diplomas or certificates with a general understanding of basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry.
- Completing physically demanding work which includes the use of ladders, power tools and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds. Superior people skills are essential.
- References must be current and be able to speak to applicants’ ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
Please submit resume and cover letter by November 24th, 2020 to:
Manager; Quality Assurance and Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519-371-5168
769 4th Ave East
Owen Sound, Ont.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.
All applicants are appreciated however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.