- 40 hr Contract Community Support Worker (1 Year)
- 40 hr Contract Community Support Worker (3 months)
The successful applicant will be dedicated to empower individuals to achieve personal success and encourage as much independence and skill development as possible for the persons supported. The delivery of supports are individualized; involving but not limited to household management skills, relationship building, personal health and wellness and networking with families, individuals and community resources to enhance the quality of life of the individual.
Location: Owen Sound and Port Elgin areas
Hours: 40 hours a week. Flexibility is required to work days, evenings and weekends
Starting Hourly Rate: $26.02 ($23.02 plus $3.00 wage enhancement)
- Have formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a two year related Community College diploma.
- Have a minimum of two years with related experience with a minimum of one year in the provision of direct support for people with developmental disabilities.
- A good understanding of dual diagnosis.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification. Non Violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within 30 days of hire.
Knowledge and skills necessary:
- Self-directed: confident in exercising judgement and making decisions.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Advocating for others.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise judgement within generally prescribed procedures, instructions and standards.
- The ability to be flexible in adapting to and working effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Being adaptable in understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue or situation, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change.
- Counselling skills, behavioural interventions, conflict resolution, money management and interpersonal skill development.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Demonstrated willingness to collaborate effectively with others is critical to creating alignment within and across groups, and to providing high levels of services to those who are supported.
- Maintain stamina and performance and to act effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate a positive work performance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Covid-19 Precautions: Please note that successful candidates must be able to provide proof of immunization against COVID-19 or medical exemption upon hire.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources Coordinator by Monday, June 20th, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.
All applicants are appreciated however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.