Community Living Owen Sound and District (CLOSD) is committed to assisting people with developmental needs to live, work, and participate fully in the community as valued partners. We are a positive influence in shaping a community where all people have the opportunity to live out their hopes and dreams, regardless of differences in intellectual or other abilities. Supports are provided throughout Owen Sound and Saugeen Shores and the surrounding communities. In recent years CLOSD Adult Services has seen much growth, with the implementation of alternative housing models in addition to traditional supported group living and supported independent living models already in place. Further growth has taken place in the number of people purchasing supports through Passport funding and requesting access to the day activity program through the 2nd Ave Program. CLOSD is committed to continued growth and community development as we look to innovative and creative housing options and supports for those we support. The Manager of Alternative Housing Supports and Community Links will oversee the alternative housing supports and develop new alternative housing options for CLOSD, and guide and support strategic changes to the 2nd Ave Program.
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the new Manager of Alternative Housing & Community Links is responsible for the leadership and oversight of all alternative housing and 2nd Ave activities, supports and services for people supported by CLOSD in a manner that fulfills the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of CLOSD and complies with provincial and federal legislation and standards. The ideal candidate will be person centred in their approach and skilled in assessing current and emerging needs and trends, community development and change management.
- Monitor the services in accordance with policies and procedures as well as compliance with funder regulations & standards. In cooperation with the senior management and adult services program teams identify and implement best practices that can be shared throughout the department.
- Work collaboratively with the adult services program group in development and implementation of the annual operational planning process, ensuring all goals and objectives align with agency strategic objectives and provide leadership with teams to integrate operational goals and objectives. Provide leadership and oversight of the annual operational plan within the program in achieving established operational goals and objectives
- Monitor service outcomes by overseeing or conducting program evaluations according to established guidelines and schedules; compile quarterly and annual statistics as required
B. Human Resources
- Ensure that a positive working environment is maintained in the department
- Ensure implementation and adherence to agency HR policies and procedures
- Recruit, train and motivate the team members and other direct reports and identify ongoing professional development opportunities appropriate for teams
- Using from a coaching and mentorship approach, provide regular supervision and performance management of direct reports
- Provide input in the preparation and review of annual department operating budget
- Provide input into and/or the preparation and management of funding proposals
- Provide department oversight of expenditures to ensure department operates within budgetary guidelines and provide leadership to team to take action on variances to bring expenditures in line with budget.
- Provide oversight of department procurement and supply control procedures
- Oversee payroll responsibilities for assigned portfolio as required
D. Risk Management & Occupational Health & Safety
- Develop action plans (including strategies for mitigation) for all risks, as required and appropriate, identifying level of risk, ensuring immediate follow up when required and reporting any material concerns to senior management.
- Review risk management issues with department staff in each program on an as needed basis
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Fire Code for the department
E. Organizational Accountability:
- Actively participate as a member of the CLOSD Leadership Team and CLOSD committee work
- Work collaboratively with other CLOSD staff and departments and volunteers
- Operate in an effective, efficient and person centred manner to achieve the best outcomes
- Ensure direct supervisor is kept apprised of the status of the programs managed
F. Adult Services
- Ensure adherence to Quality Assurance Measures in relation to the organization, execution and follow through on individual plans for people supported
- Ensure appropriate communication with families regarding support changes, program changes, and other messaging as required
- Support the staff teams in a timely and sensitive resolution of people supported and/or their family complaints and service provision issues
- Support the positive transition of people coming into service
- Assist teams to implement any program changes/enhancements
- Meet with consultants/other service providers as necessary in order to provide the best services possible
- Identify gaps in service and research and implement potential solutions
- Post-Secondary Degree in a related field
- A minimum of 4 years management experience in the developmental services or related sector.
- Previous management experience supporting people with an intellectual disability or other marginalized people in a residential or community setting
- Knowledge and understanding of Person Centered Planning, MCCSS compliance standards and other related legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated success in mentoring and coaching staff teams to achieve measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and model positive change in an environment/sector experiencing transformation is services
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in anticipating future changes, opportunities and problems and taking current action that will provide longer term benefits.
- Excellent analytic and writing skills
- Strong computer literacy skills and familiarity with client management software (Share Vision or AIMS)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary Range: $30.53 – $33.60
Interested applicants are to submit a cover letter and up to date resume addressed to Director; Support Services by Monday December 7, 2020
Attention: Director of Support Services
Community Living Owen Sound and District
769 4th Ave East Owen Sound, Ont.
Only those candidates being interviewed will contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.