A new team is being created to assist a transitional aged young man in a new 24 hour supported living environment located in Owen Sound. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for providing 2:1 direct care and complex and behaviour support needs to the young man.
As a Personal Care Worker, you will be responsible to support the young man during the overnight hours contributing to a safe and healthy home environment. You will be responsible to provide positive learning strategies for the people to develop skills that will strengthen their ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness.
The following Personal Care Worker positions are available:
- Regular Full-Time Personal Care Worker (80 hours bi-weekly)
- Regular Full-Time Personal Care Worker (82 hours bi-weekly)
- Part-Time Personal Care Worker (62 hours bi-weekly)
Start Date: July 3rd, 2022
The successful candidate will possess:
- Requires knowledge that is usually acquired by achieving the equivalent of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma.
- Knowledge and related experience of at least three months providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities and mental health aspects.
- Experience working in a specialized support or active treatment environment an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2” driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Personal Support Plans in co-operation with support networks. Assist in monitoring achievement of personal outcomes.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Strong analytic and writing skills;
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with client management software (AIMS or Share Vision)
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
COVID-19 Precaution: Please note that successful candidates must provide proof of fully vaccinated status or medical exemption upon hire.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources Coordinator by Friday, June 17th, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.