Personal Care Worker(s)
As a Personal Care Worker, you will be responsible to support adults during the overnight hours contributing to a safe and healthy home environment. You will be responsible to provide positive learning strategies which will develop skills that will strengthen the adults’ ability to succeed in daily living, community connections and self-awareness.
Particulars: Regular Full-Time positions (Owen Sound)
6-month contract (Owen Sound)
Hours: 42 hours per week
Starting Hourly Wage: $17.50 an hour + $3.00 temporary wage enhancement
- Requires knowledge that is usually acquired by achieving the equivalent of an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma. Knowledge and related experience of at least three months providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities and mental health aspects.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Maintain stamina and performance under pressure.
- Ability to exercise creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Adapt to and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- A positive work performance.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle.
- Acquire a current criminal reference check will be required.
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources by Friday, January 20th, 2023 to:
Community Living Owen Sound and District
Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.