Community Living Owen Sound and District is inviting qualified applicants to apply for a Regular Part Time Support Worker position to provide direct supports and empower four ladies to reach their full potential.
Start date: September 9, 2018
Location: Supported Home
Hours: 32 hours a week; with 2 week schedule rotation
Salary Range: $20.83 – $21.80 an hour
- Have formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a diploma in Social Services (DSW, SSW, CYW) diploma through a recognized college.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in supporting individuals with Autism / Dual Diagnosis / Mental Health disorders, specifically brain injuries is an asset.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Previous experience supporting individuals with Behavioural Support Plans.
- Able to support individuals in their daily physical activities.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated commitment in implementing communication strategies.
- Commitment in involving people to become more involved in their communities.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations.
- Exhibit resilience and interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrates a positive work performance.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Manager Quality Assurance and Resources by August 3, 2018.
Community Living Owen Sound and District, c/o Sue Skinner
769 4th Ave East, Owen Sound, Ont. N4K 2N5