The successful candidate will share the support hours between two locations. They will be dedicated to empower the individuals in their homes and community to achieve personal success and encourage independence in skill development. The delivery of supports involve following through with behavioural strategies, household management skills, relationship building, personal health and wellness and ultimately enhancing the quality of life of the individuals.
Hours: 32 hours a week: 23 hours and 9 hours
Salary Range: $20.83 an hour
Start Date: January 2019
- Have formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker’s diploma through a recognized college
- Have a minimum of three months of work related experience in the provision of direct support for people with developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- An ability to lift and transfer as required.
- Exercise creative and innovative thinking
- Interpersonal skills that endorse good ethics and integrity
- An ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations
- Show initiative in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
Please submit cover letter and resume to Manager Accommodation Supports by December 17, 2018
Manager; Quality Assurance and Resources, 769 4th Ave East, Owen Sound, Ont. N4K 2N5, Fax: 519-371-5168
Only those candidates being interviewed will contacted
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.