The successful candidate will be dedicated to empower three young men in their home and community to achieve personal success and encourage independence in skill development. The delivery of supports involve following through with behavioural strategies, household management skills, relationship building, personal health and wellness and ultimately enhancing the quality of life of the individuals.
Location: 8th Ave A East Owen Sound
Hours: 32 hours a week; with 2 week schedule rotation
Salary Range: $20.83 – $21.80 an hour
- Have a minimum of three months of work related experience in the provision of direct support for people with developmental disabilities and mental health.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Show initiative in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Maintain stamina and performance and to act effectively under pressure.
- A good understanding of dual diagnosis
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A minimum of 3 months experience in the provision of direct supports for people with developmental disabilities.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Manager Quality Assurance and Resources by October 16th, 2019
Manager; Quality Assurance and Resources, 769 4th Ave East, Owen Sound, Ont. N4K 2N5, Fax: 519-371-5168
Only those candidates being interviewed will contacted
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.