As a highly motivated and enthusiastic Support Worker Assistant, you will be responsible to assist individuals in meeting their personal social and leisure goals, with time spent in the community and within the person’s home.
This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. Canada Summer Jobs is a government program that helps create jobs for young Canadians across the country.
To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Position: Support Worker Assistant (Contract 8 weeks)
Hours: 35 hours a week for 8 weeks. Flexibility is necessary
State Date: July 4, 2022
Hourly Wage: $17.31 an hour plus $3.00 wage enhancement
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have the ability to work successfully independently and as a team member.
- Be resourceful and community minded
- Be committed to follow through on behavioural strategies/protocols.
- Have computer skills
- Demonstrate strong planning skills.
- Be confident in exercising judgement and making decisions while working in a team environment.
- Have the ability to adapt to change.
- Have a valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
- Have certification in First Aid and CPR or be willing to obtain.
Please apply with a current cover letter and resume outlining relevant training and experience and by quoting Support Worker Assistant in the subject line no later than Wednesday, May 25th, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.