Community Living Owen Sound and District welcomes applicants interested in casual hours and who want to make a difference in the lives of adults with developmental needs. Responsibilities are primarily assisting people that we support in their community and home. When supporting people living in supported homes, responsibilities involve duties associated with household operations, promoting a positive team approach and supporting people to work on their individual goals.
Available shifts will be weekday, weekends and holidays. Shifts available include days, afternoons and overnights.
Varying shifts – must be available to work a flexible schedule which meet the needs of people supported; includes days, evenings, overnight and weekends. Must be able to work at least 72 hours in a three month period.
- Have formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a two year related Community College diploma.
- Previous experience providing direct support for people with developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Behavioural Support Plans in co-operation with support networks.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle with insurance coverage as required by Association policy.
- Provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination(s) or medical exemption required upon hire for all new staff.
Community Living Owen Sound and District is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations for interviews and assessments will be provided to qualified candidates/applicants.
All applicants are appreciated however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume to email@example.com